Due to COVID-19, this position is a work from home position for the foreseeable future. Eventually, we do hope to be together again!
If you love researching memes, strategizing TikTok videos, planning out email blasts and automations, reviewing and editing copy for your team members, providing graphic direction to designers, and leveraging data to inform and guide the strategic recommendations you’d provide to clients, and also enjoy doing it all in sweatpants in front of the TV while Friends or The Office is on in the background, then have we go a job for you!
We are hiring a full-time Account Strategist to help strategize, plan, implement, and manage the digital marketing endeavours of our clients to help them reach their business goals.
We are a 20-person, Shopify Expert digital marketing agency based in Thornhill, with team members across Canada! We do everything related to digital marketing including, but not limited to: organic and paid social media, Google ads, email marketing and automation, website design and development, online customer service, and everything in between for clients across the world in industries verticals ranging from fashion, food and beverage, cannabis, skincare, real estate, health and wellness, fitness, and more.
Work with us and you will be working on:
- Data Analysis: Taking insights and KPI data from social and email marketing tools, identifying key takeaways, and working with other team members on the advertising and web teams to identify areas of optimizations and improvements across client marketing initiatives.
- Content Strategy: researching, planning, and developing go-ahead strategies for social media and email marketing content, based on data, while coordinating with team members on the the advertising and website teams to develop and maintain ongoing cohesive brand marketing initiatives.
- Content Management: reviewing, editing, and guiding the creation of content written by other team members to ensure it has proper CTAs, aligns with an existing brand voice, and fits within the larger marketing strategy to reach client goals.
- Creative Direction: providing direction for social and email to the design team to ensure creative assets are developed inline with a provided strategy, existing brand guidelines, and that they follow best practices of the platforms they will be used on.
- Account Management: communicating with clients across multiple accounts, sending deliverables for approval, ensuring client change requests have been properly actioned, explaining strategies in a client friendly manner to ensure buy-in and approvals are received, and owning the client relationship.
- Project Coordination: owning and managing the completion of assigned projects, coordinating with your team to ensure their tasks have been completed, and communicating with your manager when changes to the project are required.
- Professional Development: ensuring you are up-to-date on the latest changes to strategies or tools within social media and email marketing, and being the team expert on those tools.
- Team Development: taking your expertise and using it to help other team members do their job well and to work together to provide our clients with our “full-circle approach” to digital marketing. (Ask us what that means!)
To work with us, you should:
- Have at least 1- 2 years of experience working in digital marketing (social and email)
- Have exceptional writing skills, specifically for a digital format and understand how to write for social vs how to write for email
- Have previously written social media content, and used content scheduling tools like Hootsuite or Buffer
- Have previous experience with community management
- Have used tools like Mailchimp or Klaviyo
- Have experience with email segmentation and list building strategies
- Understand how to gather and use analytics to build digital strategies via native tools, Google Analytics, or other platforms
- Have an eye for design (you do not need to know Adobe)
- Have previous experience using Shopify, which is a +
- Have experience with digital advertising, which is also a + (but not necessary)
- Have an obsession with checking the number of likes on an IG post or the revenue reporting after an email campaign has been sent
- Appreciate a super casual work environment, but still knows how to produce kick-ass deliverables
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and include the code isas2022 in your cover letter
- Have agency experience, which is a +, but our agency is like no other (we know, they all say that… but trust us.)
When you work with us, you get:
- A comfortable work environment – this is a WFH job (has been since March 2020), but previously, we all legit worked in sweatpants in front of a TV together
- A team of friends, but who push and support each other to do and be their best
- Events like summer retreats, winter holiday parties, birthday celebrations, facemask Friday…(some in person, most virtually for now!)
- Health spending account (benefits)
- Bonus structure (you are compensated based on your own results)
- Opportunity for growth – we’re one of Shopify’s fastest growing agency partners. We have gone from 7 team members to 20 in 2 years, with many having been promoted 2x since then!
If, after reading the above, this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! You can either submit your CV and resume here, or send a note to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also provide examples of your work (social posts, email campaigns, data on the results, etc.)
We look forward to hearing from you!