If you love designing and developing intuitive websites, strategizing and building high conversion landing pages, and bringing email newsletters and automations to life, and enjoy doing it all in sweatpants in front of the TV while Friends or The Office is on in the background and hanging out with some cool people, then we have the position for you!
We’re hiring a full-time WordPress / Shopify Front & Backend Developer to work with our team to visualize and design and develop beautiful and engaging deliverables for our various clients. This role would also be fast track to a lead position, managing the design department.
We are an almost 6-year old, exponentially growing digital marketing agency based in Thornhill that offers social media, email marketing, website development, digital advertising, online customer service and everything related to digital marketing. We have clients across North America and Europe in various industries like fashion, automotive, technology, finance, retail, CBD, food & beverage, a pizza vending machine, to name a few.
Work with us and you would be:
- Designing and Developing Websites & Landing Pages – creating beautiful and intuitive website layouts (using Figma or XD) that drive conversions across the WordPress or Shopify Platforms (We’re a Shopify Expert!)
- Strategizing & Developing Emails – providing strategic recommendations on designs, and building them into WYSIWYG editors within our email automation tools, while understanding and utilizing the power, functionality, and capabilities of the tool.
- Website Optimization – working with our digital strategist and ad operations specialist to find and make optimizations across websites to increase conversion and user interaction
- Website Maintenance – managing a number of websites, ensuring plugins are up-to-date, forms are working, and small changes are made where needed
- Website Analysis – providing strategic recommendations in regards to websites and landing pages as they relate to our digital efforts
- Website Tracking – setting up Google Analytics, Google Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Merchant Center, Facebook Pixels, et al., to assist the team in measuring the impact of our work
- Graphic Design – creating your own graphic assets or assisting our designers (when needed) for deliverables such as social media graphics, website banners, some print, etc.
- Project Management – managing website develop projects from start to finish, ensuring projects are completed per the scope of work and within due dates
- Client Management – speaking directly with clients when/if needed
- Process – providing insight into internal processes and offering improvements or adjustments to make the job better!
- Continuous Learning – joining the CEO at various Facebook and Google events, as well as doing research and reading to stay up-to-date with web strategies and technology.
To work with us you should:
- Have had at least 1-2 years of experience building WordPress / Shopify websites and can link to real life examples
- Be comfortable with Git and using it as part of your internal processes
- Knows the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator – Premier and After Effects a bonus) and can show examples of design work
- Have some understanding of SEO (mostly from an implementation standpoint)
- Be a team player, willing to help when needed to get the job done
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and include isfullstack2021 in your cover letter
- Have great writing and reading comprehension skills
- Be a strategic thinker who knows how to problem solve
- Gets along well with others and enjoys memes, gifs, and dad jokes
When you work with us, you get:
- A comfortable work environment (not kidding when we say we wear sweatpants and watch tv!)
- A team that gets along like friends, but pushes and supports each other to do and be their best
- Events like summer retreats, winter holiday parties, birthday celebrations, facemask Friday…
- Work from home days
- Health spending account
- The chance to be creative, think outside the box, take risks, and do cool sh*t
- An opportunity to build your own success (we offer a bonus structure for this role!)
What you should know if you work with us:
- We work hard and play hard
- We work out of the CEO’s place, making it way more chill than a normal agency
- Our female led business is built to help women succeed in their careers without boundaries
- We’re inclusive of all (as long as you come to work showered and not in PJs!)
- This isn’t a job for someone who wants to do the same thing every day – we are a team of people looking to grow and develop and we get new challenges thrown at us every day.
- We’ve grown to a team of 10 with clients across the world in only 4.5 years
You must be able to commute to Bathurst and Clark (a few blocks north of Steeles) Mon, Wed, Friday (Tues/Thurs if Work from Home!) 10am-6pm.
Thank you so much for reading this far and we hope that you might find your fit with us. Please email your cover letter and resume to our CEO, Jess at jess[at]insocial.ca and we’ll reach out to those who we would like to interview.
PS – Benefits:
- Profit sharing/share options
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted/free food
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Vision care