If you love creating social media graphics, designing intuitive websites, putting together email newsletters, editing photographs, making stop motion photography move, animating text across screens, and enjoy doing it all in sweatpants in front of the TV while Friends or The Office is on in the background and hanging out with some cool people, then we have the position for you!
We’re hiring a full-time Graphic Designer to work with our team to visualize concepts across platforms for our wide range of clients and their project.
We are a 4-year old, exponentially growing digital marketing agency based in Thornhill that offers social media, email marketing, website development, digital advertising, online customer service and everything related to digital marketing. We have clients across North America and Europe in various industries like fashion, automotive, technology, finance, retail, CBD, food & beverage, a pizza vending machine, to name a few.
Work with us and you would be:
- Designing Websites & Landing Pages – creating beautiful and intuitive website layouts (using Figma or XD) that drive conversions across the WordPress or Shopify Platforms (We’re a Shopify Partner). If you have development experience, this is a HUGE plus!
- Strategizing & Creating Emails – designing beautiful and high converting emails, and possibly building them into WYSIWYG editors within our email automation tools, while understanding and utilizing the power, functionality, and capabilities of the tool. (We’re a Klaviyo Partner.)
- Designing Social Media Graphics – working with our digital strategists and marketers to create fun and engaging social media graphics, both static or animated (gifs or mini videos) to be shared across our clients’ social media accounts.
- Designing Advertising Creative – working with our digital ad specialist to envision and design high converting static, motion, and video assets across the Facebook and Instagram ecosystem for advertising purposes, with the support of our Facebook rep (we are a Facebook Marketing Partner and have access to Facebook’s wide library of creative assets and inspiration)
- Designing Print Materials – while we don’t do this often, we do provide some print design for our existing clients, so working on these deliverables
- Designing Products – once in a while, our clients ask us to create the products that they are going to sell in their stores, so creating designs that will be turned into reality
- Client Management – speaking directly with clients when/if needed
- Process – providing insight into internal processes and offering improvements or adjustments to make the job better!
- Continuous Learning – joining the CEO at various Facebook and Google events, as well as doing research and reading to stay up-to-date with web strategies and technology.
To work with us you should:
- Have had at least 1-2 years of experience across the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier & After Effects)
- Have had at least 1-2 years of experience designing websites for proper UI/UX flows with proper hand-off procedures
- Can show examples of work across both digital and print
- Be a team player, willing to help when needed to get the job done
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and include isdesign2020 in your cover letter
- Have great reading comprehension skills
- Be a strategic thinker who knows how to problem solve
- Gets along well with others and enjoys memes, gifs, and dad jokes
When you work with us, you get:
- A comfortable work environment (not kidding when we say we wear sweatpants and watch tv!)
- A team that gets along like friends, but pushes and supports each other to do and be their best
- Events like summer retreats, winter holiday parties, birthday celebrations, facemask Friday…
- Work from home days
- Health spending account
- The chance to be creative, think outside the box, take risks, and do cool sh*t
What you should know if you work with us:
- We work hard and play hard
- We work out of the CEO’s place, making it way more chill than a normal agency
- Our female led business is built to help women succeed in their careers without boundaries
- We’re inclusive of all (as long as you come to work showered and not in PJs!)
- This isn’t a job for someone who wants to do the same thing every day – we are a team of people looking to grow and develop and we get new challenges thrown at us every day.
- We’ve grown to a team of 10 with clients across the world in only 4.5 years
You must be able to commute to Bathurst and Clark (a few blocks north of Steeles) Mon, Wed, Friday (Tues/Thurs if Work from Home!) 10am-6pm.
Thank you so much for reading this far and we hope that you might find your fit with us. Please email your cover letter and resume to our CEO, Jess at jess[at]insocial.ca and we’ll reach out to those who we would like to interview.
PS – Benefits:
- Profit sharing/share options
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted/free food
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Vision care