**This is a remote position. We are currently searching for office space in the GTA to move into a hybrid model, however, we will always offer fully remote, as we have employees all over Canada!
If you love what was launched via Shopify Editions (or, alternatively, have some strong opinions!), enjoy designing intuitive and conversion focused website mockups via Figma, get excited configuring Shopify apps that add additional store functionality, know how and when to leverage Shopify Plus features, understand the overall Ecommerce customer journey as it relates to great websites, and enjoy doing it all in sweatpants in front of the TV while Friends or The Office is on in the background while hanging out virtually with our 20+ person Shopify Expert Agency, then we have a role for you!
We’re hiring a full-time Lead Shopify Designer and Developer to manage the end-to-end store builds (from simple theme configurations to complex custom Plus stores) while collaborating with our cross-functional marketing and customer service teams to enable our “Full Circle Approach to Digital Marketing” methodology.
We are a 7 year-old, 20+ person, Shopify Expert digital marketing agency based in Thornhill (and operating remotely) with team members across Canada! We do everything related to digital marketing including, but not limited to: organic and paid social media, Google ads, email marketing and automation, website design and development, online customer service, and everything in between for clients across the world in industries verticals ranging from fashion, food and beverage, cannabis, skincare, real estate, health and wellness, restaurants, and fitness, selling products used by celebrities and featured in Vogue, GOOP, on Shark Tank, and more!
Work with us and you would be:
- Designing Websites & Landing Pages: leveraging Figma and Adobe CC to mockup mobile-first websites in accordance with proper UI/UX and accessibility principles within the Shopify (and the odd Webflow) platform within the confines of chosen themes or custom build requirements for pre-development internal and client review and approval
- Developing Websites & Landing Pages: using approved Figma mockups or pre-existing themes to develop websites/stores with a heavy focus on site speed, cross-device responsiveness, and conversions, while keeping SEO best practices in mind
- Recommending, Installing and Configuring Apps: researching, recommending, and testing apps within the CMS ecosystem to solve site needs, as well as, working with our technology partners or relevant app documentation to install, configure, and test apps that add the required additional functionality
- Optimizing Websites: working with our advertising and email teams to make site adjustments and optimizations based on screen recording and heat mapping analytics in order to improve website interaction and conversion
- Maintaining Websites: managing backups, updating apps and plugins, testing forms and other CTAs to ensure our websites are working as expected
- Managing Version Control: configuring, syncing, and managing Github repos to ensure proper version control between our work, the work of other agencies, or things the client may have touched (and maybe have broken!)
- Leading Web Strategic Insight: being the go-to expert on all things web, languages, apps, cross-device functionality, Shopify, Shopify Plus, and everything in between to support the other teams in driving results for our clients
- Supporting Project Management & Process Development: working closely with the Project Manager to ensure all projects are quoted within realistic timelines and estimated budgets, tasks are scheduled accordingly, and that projects are completed within scope and on time and recommending and implementing changes to internal project processes as you see fit
- Continually Learning: using our Agency only access to Shopify’s educational content to stay up to date on all things changing within the platform and reporting your learnings back to the team
To work with us you should:
- Have had at least 1-2 years of experience building Shopify/Shopify Plus sites end-to-end and can link to existing sites
- Know these required languages
- Know these technologies
- Liquid (of course!)
- Use Github as part of your version control process
- Know the Adobe suite (Photoshop/Illustrator at the very least) & Figma
- Have some understanding of SEO (mostly from an implementation standpoint)
- Have a working knowledge of all digital touchpoints to inform your strategic design and development strategic recommendations
- Be a genuine person (sorry, no bullsh*t here!)
- Be a team player, willing to help when needed to get the job done
- Have exceptional comprehension skills
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and include isdd2023 in your cover letter
- Be a strategic thinker who knows how to problem solve
- Be able to excel in a remote, very casual work environment, yet still be productive
- Appreciate good memes, giphys, and dad jokes
When you work with us, you get:
- A comfortable work environment, being remote (forever) with a potential hybrid model addition. Before COVID, we legit all worked together in sweatpants with no makeup.
- A team of friends, but who push and support each other to do and be their best
- Weekly stretch and game time (you won’t be able to beat our boss at Mario Kart Tour, trust us)
- Events like summer retreats in Muskoka, winter holiday parties, murder mystery party nights, wood painting events, and whatever else you can think of!
- Health spending account (benefits)
- Vacation and personal days
- Free swag (we have a store and a rewards program for said store: shop.insocial.ca)
- Additional opportunities for bonuses based on trackable performance
- Opportunity for growth – we’re one of Shopify’s fastest growing agency partners. We have gone from 7 team members to 20 in 2 years, with many having been promoted 2x since then!
If, after reading the above, this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio/example websites to firstname.lastname@example.org.