**This is a remote position. We are currently searching for office space in the GTA to move into a hybrid model, however, we will always offer fully remote!
If you love signing up for every brand newsletter you can, spend your free time researching email design inspo, you can’t get enough automation and segmentation strategy, get excited planning email and SMS calendars, writing engaging email copy gets your brain going, and designing email layouts, obsessively watching the open, click, and revenue rate makes your heart race, and you always leverage data to inform and guide your work, while also enjoy doing it all in sweatpants from home, then have we got the job for you!
We are hiring a full-time Email & SMS Marketing Specialist to strategize, plan, write, help design and development, deploy, analyze, and own the email and SMS marketing efforts for our clients to help them reach their business goals.
We are an 8 year-old, 20+ person, Shopify Expert, Klaviyo Gold Master Partner digital marketing agency based in Toronto, with team members across Canada! We do everything related to digital marketing including, but not limited to: organic and paid social media, Google ads, email & SMS marketing and automation (duh), website design and development, online customer service, and everything in between for clients across the world in industries verticals ranging from fashion, food and beverage, cannabis, skincare, real estate, health and wellness, fitness, and more.
Work with us and you will be working on:
- Learning & Leading Subject Matter Expertise: being the person who knows everything there is about the email and SMS marketing channel, the accompanying softwares (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Attentive etc.), as well as best practices, industry updates, and trends, and supporting the team with your expertise to effectively provide In Social’s “Full Circle Approach to Digital Marketing” across all client deliverables.
- Owning Email & SMS Success: owning the strategy, planning, content, list management, segmentation, and optimizations across a portfolio of email clients, and being responsible for their overall growth, as well as the results derived from them (open, click, revenue rates, etc.)
- Analyzing and Optimizing: working alongside our Digital Performance Analyst, as well as other strategic team members, to analyze individual account insights, as well as overarching portfolio trends to catch issues, identify opportunities, and build plans to optimize
- Creating & Managing Email & SMS Efforts: owning all email and SMS campaign and flow deliverables throughout their creation, starting from strategizing, planning, copywriting, designing, developing, testing, prep, and through to deployment, leveraging the support of other team members such as copywriters, designers, and developers in order to deliver the best possible results for our clients.
- Contributing to the Full Circle Approach: being a team player and collaborating across all service verticals to understand, adapt, strategize, and deliver email and SMS efforts that consider the entire customer journey, in an effort to deliver the best results possible to our clients.
- Continuous Improvement: always improving your skill set, knowledge, and performance through self-development, training courses, webinars, as well as collaborating with, and taking feedback from, our Director of Brand strategy
- Task Coordination: ensuring that all project tasks are completed within budget by, or before due dates, or collaborating with the Account and Project Managers to make adjustments to roadmaps where needed
You will be measured against:
- Your portfolio results such as open rates, click through rates, revenue, etc. (quantitative)
- Your ability to produce, create, and deploy within given timelines and budgets (quantitative)
- Your strategic ability to flag/solve problems (qualitative)
- Your teamwork – everyone relies on each other for success! (qualitative)
To work with us, you should:
- Have at least 1- 2 years of experience working in email marketing in some capacity
- Have at least 1 year of experience working in E-commerce
- Can provide examples of how your skills were directly attributed to success
- Have exceptional writing skills, specifically for email
- Have experience with EMS’ like Klaviyo, Postscript, Attentive, Mailchimp, et al.
- Have experience building email and SMS marketing strategies across campaigns, flows, segmentation, and deliverability
- Have experience designing, developing, and deploying email campaigns and know how to use Adobe CC/Figma
- Understand how to gather and use analytics to build digital strategies
- Have worked in Ecommerce in some capacity
- Have an obsession with checking the open and click rates, or refreshing your screen to watch the placed order rate rise
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and include the code isems2024 in your cover letter
- Be a genuine person (sorry, no bullsh*t here!)
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment – things change fast and you have to be able to keep up!
- Appreciate a super casual work environment, but still know how to be productive
- Want to enjoy your job
When you work with us, you get:
- A 10AM-6PM, M-F schedule
- Health benefits
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 week of personal days + unlimited small appt time off
- Free stuff from our clients
- An all-around fun team (it’s so cliché, we know, but true!)
- The chance to be creative, think outside the box, take risks, and do cool sh*t
- Events like summer retreats in Muskoka, winter holiday parties, murder mystery party nights, wood painting events, and whatever else you can think of!
- Free swag (we have a store and a rewards program for said store: shop.insocial.ca)
- Opportunities for bonuses based on trackable performance
- Opportunity for growth – we’re one of Shopify’s fastest growing agency partners. We have gone from 7 team members to 20 in 2 years, with many having been promoted 2x since then!
What you should know if you work with us:
- Trustworthiness is one of the most important attributes you’ll need to be successful here
- We train extremely hard upfront so that we can prepare you and let you go to do your thing
- Our female led business is built to help women succeed in their careers without boundaries
- We are an 2SLGBTQIA+, BIPOC, differently-abled allied agency
- We expect a lot from each other, and we expect you to expect the same from us
If, after reading the above, this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! You can either submit your CV and resume here, or send a note to careers at insocial[dot]ca. Please also provide examples of your work.