***Work from home.
****Mixture of day, night (not overnight), and weekend shifts
If you love helping people find what they are looking for online, replying to social media DMs, watching a sale conversion come in after you’ve hung up with a customer, commenting on Influencer content, retweeting brand shout outs, and thoughtfully responding to online reviews, all while doing it in sweatpants in front of the TV, then have we got a job for you!
In Social is hiring a full-time Customer Service Representative aka “Digital Support Squad Representative” to help support our clients’ across social media engagement and Ecommerce platforms. Not only are we rapidly expanding our client roster, but we keep promoting our support team members, and need to replace them!
We are a 20+ person, 7-year old, Shopify Expert digital marketing agency based in Toronto (and now expanding across Canada!) that does everything related to digital marketing including, but not limited to; paid and organic social media, email marketing and automation, website design & development, influencer marketing, branding and design, and (of course!) customer service, for clients across the world in industry verticals ranging from skin care, restaurants, home decor, CPGs, vapes, food & drinks, baby products, real estate, accounting, and more.
Some of our clients have been featured in Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Forbes, Business Insider, GOOP, and are sold in major retail chains like Walmart, Target, and Loblaws, and we even have a client who hosted the White House Correspondents Dinner!
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Digital Support Squad is where we promote from. 50% of our Marketing team members have come from the Digital Support Squad: our Influencer Co-ordinator, a Designer, a Copywriter, an Account Manager, a Project Manager – the list goes on! We hire DSSRs with the expectation that they will identify which parts of digital marketing they love best, and we facilitate that interest through training, mentorship, hands-on-experience, and eventually, a promotion to the Marketing team. When you land a job at In Social, you land a career.
JOIN OUR TEAM AND YOU WILL BE:
- Resolving customer issues online through software tools like Gorgias and Aircall
- Handling incoming tickets, website chats, and phone calls, responding to social media comments and DMs, and engaging with relevant social communities through proactive engagement efforts.
- Following internal processes and brand voice to respond to all customer inquiries, messages, and concerns, and working with your fellow Digital Support Squad Reps to provide solutions or determine if escalating to the client is necessary
- Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, who managed the DSSR team and will assist with questions, training, and client management
- Assisting with developing the brand marketing strategy, in tandem with the In Social Marketing team, based on your “in the weeds” knowledge of the client’s customer base and community
- Supporting the Marketing team with other efforts such as assisting with our “Last Eyes” process to ensure our deliverables go out perfectly, all while exposing you to other areas of digital marketing that may interest you
TO JOIN OUR TEAM YOU SHOULD:
- Have at least 1 year experience working in some sort of customer service role (not necessarily online)
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have comprehensive writing skills
- Have the strategic capacity to make important judgment calls when handling customer service tasks such as providing refunds, reshipments, or calling out a customer’s BS (according to client guidelines, of course!)
- Love helping people
- Also love a casual work environment (even though it’s from home, we’re still pretty cas~)
- Pay exceptional attention to detail and includes the code dssr2023 in your cover letter
- You must be able to work days and nights (no overnights) during the week and weekends
- BONUS: If you speak French!
JOIN OUR TEAM AND YOU WILL GET:
- Health benefits
- Free stuff from our clients
- Company events (virtually and in-person, when possible!)
- Honestly, just an all-around fun team (it’s so cliché, we know, but we truly feel like a family!)
- Month-in-advanced schedules (none of that “5 day heads up” like in retail / restaurants!)
- The opportunity to build a career in digital marketing
If, after reading the above, this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! We prefer that you shoot us a note to careers [at] insocial [dot] ca with your cover letter and resume. Those candidates will be given priority.